Indiana Democratic Party 2-18-17 Podcast
Chairman John Zody and the Indiana Democratic Party 2-18-17 weekly radio address podcast:
“Statehouse Republicans denied a vote on a bill to establish an independent redistricting commission, blocking legislation that enjoyed bipartisan support and had been two years in the making. I decried the decision, calling on Speaker Brian Bosma and Chairman Milo Smith to schedule a simple up or down vote.”
This is Chairman John Zody, bringing you the weekly podcast for the Indiana Democratic Party.
• Would you believe it if I told you Donald Trump campaign associates had contact with the Russian government at the same time the Kremlin was interfering in our election to help Donald Trump win?
• Nothing is surprising now, right? A bombshell report from CNN this week indicated just that.
• Reports have also said that our intelligence community is so disturbed by the President’s actions towards Russia and praise for Vladimir Putin that they are afraid that any intelligence they share with Trump’s team could be leaked to America’s enemies.
• And this is of course, in the wake of Trump’s National Security Advisor Gen. Michael Flynn’s abrupt departure from the administration after misleading the FBI about conversations he had with Russian officials prior to Trump taking office.
• Flynn’s tenure as the National Security Adviser was the shortest in history. Trump is in denial, claiming his White House was running like a “finely oiled machine.”
• Have you had enough of Trump? It’s time to get involved. Join State Party’s Rapid Response Team and tweet your reactions to his State of the Union address on February 28. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
• Senator Joe Donnelly is demanding answers after Kaléo Pharmaceuticals raised the price of an injection device – a life-saving drug that reverses the effects of opioid overdose. The price was raised from $690 to $4,500.
• Congressman André Carson is standing up for Hoosiers, as well. He reintroduced his “Equality for All” resolution urging Congress to protect all Americans from discrimination.
• Indiana’s Congressional Republicans however, are moving in the wrong direction.
• Indiana Congressman Todd Rokita thinks Hoosier taxpayers should pay for Donald Trump’s border wall, putting Hoosier working families on the hook during a recent appearance on MSNBC.
• And Congressman Luke Messer declared his allegiance to billionaire Betsy DeVos and her war on public schools and educators this week.
• But Statehouse Republicans weren’t to be outdone by their congressional colleagues.
• They denied a vote on a bill to establish an independent redistricting commission, blocking legislation that enjoyed bipartisan support and had been two years in the making. I decried the decision, calling on Speaker Brian Bosma and Chairman Milo Smith to schedule a simple up or down vote.
• Please follow the IDP on Facebook and Twitter. Simply search INDems – that’s I-N-D-E-M-S on Facebook and Twitter, and follow us to get the latest news about our candidates and what we’re doing to hold our counterparts at the Statehouse and in Washington accountable.
• Only together can we fight for fairness, the future and work towards a brighter and better state for Hoosiers of all walks of life to succeed in working and raising a family.
• Thank you for listening.
You might also like
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — A former worker at a northeastern Indiana church faces a theft charge for allegedly stealing at least $45,000 from the … …read more Via: <a
Longtime juvenile court judge Loretta Rush was chosen as the first female chief justice of Indiana’s Supreme Court Wednesday. Rush has been on … …read more Via: <a href=https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2014/0806/Indiana-chooses-first-female-chief-justice&ct=ga&cd=CAIyHDhiYzc1MzQ5ZWY1Yjc4MmE6Y29tOmVuOlVTOlI&usg=AFQjCNGwqUz4UkwBjmttIO7sOzMEcb_vzQ class="colorbox"
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Pacers announced Sunday they have acquired forward Chase Budinger from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange … …read more Via: https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.nba.com/pacers/rudez-budinger-trade-announcement&ct=ga&cd=CAIyHDhiYzc1MzQ5ZWY1Yjc4MmE6Y29tOmVuOlVTOlI&usg=AFQjCNEPfshP5R143-cPGoqTa7QcWpE4Dg